Now that the holidays are over, we’re all trying to eat healthy and save a little money. One of the easiest and yummiest things to make is a quiche. In general their pretty healthy. I make mine chock full of veggies and of course you got the eggs for protein.
Depending on my mood I may add bacon (#treatyoself). To make this recipe healthier you can make it without the crust. I can’t seem to cause it’s one of my favorite parts. 🙂 Hope you enjoy and remember you can substitute or add any veggies you want!
5 – 6 Large Eggs
2 Deep Dish Pie Shells
1 Medium Onion
¾ bag of shredded Carrots
1 Small head of Broccoli
½ Bag of Spinach
½ Pound Muenster Cheese (Grated)
- Clean and chop spinach and broccoli
- Chop onion
- In a large skillet combine veggies and lightly sautéed (no oil required) Just cook until the veggies reduce and spinach starts to shrink. Stir Frequently
- In a bowl whisk 5 to 6 eggs, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in a ¼ of the shredded muenster cheese.
- Mix eggs into veggies
- Pour egg/veggie mix into pie shells
- Cover both pie shells with remaining grated muenster cheese
OPTIONAL: I like to sprinkle some real bacon bits on top
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes depending on your stove. (Until top puffs up and becomes golden brown)
Yummy! Enjoy 🙂
More from my site