Event: Made Maven Leadership Summit
Presented by: Made Magazine
When: 4/28/2018 through 4/29/2018
Where: Virgin hotels
Address: 203 N Wabash Avenue, Chicago
I love all the progress the Women’s movement has made, but the part that has touched me the most is women that stand together in solidarity to pull each other up. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t be close to achieving ALL the things I have done thus far without supportive women mentoring me. April 28th through April 29th you have the chance to take part in a career-changing experience designed to inspire, cultivate, and position rising women of color for leadership roles in the business, philanthropy, and professional sectors. Check out the details below.
MADE Magazine To Convene Women Leaders of Color In Chicago At Inaugural Summit
A weekend focused on ending opportunity disparities through mentorship.
CHICAGO – MADE Magazine will host its inaugural “MADE Maven Leadership Summit” on April 28-29 at the Virgin Hotels in Chicago, Illinois. The two-day experience will bring together impactful business women from across the country to mentor rising professionals in engaging masterclasses, targeted networking opportunities, and authentic fireside chats.
“The Census Bureau has projected that Women of Color will be the majority of all women in the U.S. by 2060. Yet, it is widely known that Women of Color are the minority in executive and management positions in this country,”said Kris Christian, founder and publisher of MADE Magazine. “Looking at the facts, and being an publication run by Women of Color and for Millennials of Color, we developed this summit with our eyes on the future. We see this summit as an opportunity to identify causes and enact solutions through genuine relationship-building among the best of the best!”
During the summit, women will discuss business strategies, brand solutions and other topics crucial to women’s career development. Attendees will participate in workshops and a panel discussion from guest speakers including:
● Vanessa Abron – Public Relations Entrepreneur
● Veronica Appleton – Published Author
● Robin Ayers – Author and Entertainment Journalist
● Taylar Barrington – CEO of influencer marketing firm, Cliquish
● Jetta Bates – Managing Director of Twist Global
● Kris Christian – Founder/Managing Director of FAME Enterprises and MADE Magazine
● Dr. Isfahan Chambers-Harris – Founder/CEO of Alodia Hair Care
● Quinetha Frasier – Founder of fundraising tech platform, MyPledger
● Chrishon Lampley – Founder of wine and candle brand, Love Cork Screw
● Felicia Lawrence – Host of WCIU’s The Jam
● Aaja Corinne Magee – Branding Strategist
● Halleemah Nash – Chief Partnerships Officer at the Academy Group
● Cheryl Pearson-McNeil – SVP at global performance management company Nielsen
● Karleen Roy – Founder/CEO of event planning firm, The Vanity Group
● Ranada Shepard – Writer and Producer, Coco Cubana Productions
● Donnie Smith – Executive Director of Donda’s House
● Angela C. Stevens – Author and Celebrity Stylist
● Val Warner – Journalist and Host of Windy City Live
Learn more about the MADE Maven Leadership Summit and a full list of events at mademaven.com
About MADE Magazine
MADE Magazine is a bi-monthly, multi-platform digital publication that creates original content to entertain, educate and inform aspirational millennial of color. The nationally distributed e-zine can be found online in addition to print issues that are available for order. Additionally, print issues are available at pop-up stands in New York, Memphis, Chicago and Los Angeles. Visit made-magazine.com.
More from my site