Every October, the Chicago Architecture Center is proud to host Open House Chicago (OHC)—a month-long celebration showcasing Chicago’s built environment. This fall we’re excited to host an Open House Chicago unlike any other we have ever celebrated. We are excited to bring back our OHC app, open October 1-31, coupled with the big return of our classic in-person, indoor, immersive experience on the weekend of October 16-17, as well as virtual programs throughout the month.
New Sites in 2021:
- Sable Hotel at Navy Pier (New)
- The Penthouse Hyde Park (New)
- Bank of America Tower (New)
- 540 W. Madison (New)
- Quinn Chapel (New)
- IL Holocaust Museum (New)
Make sure to bring your binoculars and have fun exploring! https://capitaloneshopping.com/p/bushnell-falcon-7-x-35-binocular/DJJF9G7Q9J
Some highlight sites returning:
New Open House Chicago self-guided trails on our OHC App in 2021 include:
· Obamas in Hyde Park: Over 10 sites in Kenwood and Hyde Park area highlighting the Obama’s life in the historic neighborhoods.
· Great Chicago Fire: Recognizing the 150th Anniversary of the fire that changed our city’s history (driving or biking trail).
· Helmut Jahn: Several sites forming a downtown loop of Jahn buildings and CAC exhibit Helmut Jahn: Life + Architecture.
· Uptown Entertainment District: Historic entertainment sites clustered near Broadway and Lawrence in Uptown.
· Hutchinson Street Landmark: Historic homes on Hutchinson in Uptown.
· Preservation: Current preservation wins and on-going campaigns in Chicago.
Free virtual programming throughout the month:
The CAC will also host a suite of online programs in October as part of OHC 2021. Virtual discussions with design experts, historians and community leaders about Chicago’s architectural legacy from the comfort of home. Whether the interests lie in the city’s expansive South Side parks or the new buildings that have defied all odds and managed to still be built during the pandemic, there will be exciting programming for all.
More from my site