Spring is in the air and I needed my body to catch up with the change in seasons. I don’t know about you, but being home all winter long had me eating, drinking, and not treating my body like I should.
I heard about a detoxifying treatment that celebrity beauty guru’s like Gwyneth Paltrow, Victoria Beckham, and Sofia Vergara (just to name a few) use. Have you heard of The Magnesium Body Wrap followed by a Lymphatic Drainage massage treatment? The duo treatment is a great way to detoxify and sculpt your body.
As of now the ONLY place in Chicago you can get the duo treatment done is at the Freeze and Float Spa located at 371 W. Ontario Street in the River North area. The body detoxification treatment is about two hours and left me feeling lighter on my feet. Not to mention my skin felt super smooth afterwards and my mind felt rejuvenated. Check out the process below:
Step 1: Magnesium Oil Rub
Using hand-harvested salts and magnesium oils that remineralize your body, this service begins with a full body rub. The oil contains extraordinarily rich minerals, phyto-nutrients, and an alphabet of vitamins to improve your body’s function. Amino acids and trace elements in the oil promote healing and skin rejuvenation.
2. Charcoal Wrap Application (Torso to Knees)
Once the oil has been applied, you are wrapped up like a swaddled newborn baby in a layer of magnesium foil for your body to absorb the nutrients into your skin.
3. Infrared Sauna for 30 minutes (Ultimate detox)
In the Infrared Sauna your body goes through the ultimate detox as you sweat through your (magnesium-enhanced) wrap for 30 minutes while reading or listening to calming music. Raising your body temperature with a body wrap sets off the same signals in your body that a fever would, which results in a similar detoxification process. This Benefits also include:
· boosts your immune system
· releases toxins via sweat
· brings oxygen and nutrients to the surface of the skin
· helps burn calories
· relaxes muscles and relieves pain
* By raising the body’s core temperature, infrared saunas can produce a sweat composed of 20 percent toxins versus only three percent toxins with a traditional sauna.
** You will gradually build a deep sweat all while laying down and enjoying your choice of either music or a good book.
4. Lymphatic Massage for 60 minutes
Still warm from the Infrared Sauna, your body will undergo Lymphatic Drainage Massage. The Lymphatic System is your body’s natural way of disposing of toxins, waste, and other unwanted materials. Benefits include:
· enhances the skin appearance and texture
· reduces bloating & swelling
· increases blood circulation
· decreases the appearance of cellulite
· sculpts the body
· decreases inflammation
· encourages weight-loss
· improves digestion
· removes waste products from your body
Now it’s your turn. Make YOUR appointment at Freeze and Float Spa today!!
More from my site