Women’s Restaurant Week Set for August 26-August 31
Women-Owned Chicago Area Restaurants Celebrate Women’s Equality
Several women chefs and restaurateurs are encouraging people to support women-owned restaurants with “Women’s Restaurant Week.” Women’s Restaurant Week is presented by Let’s Talk and supported by the Illinois Restaurant Association, Choose Chicago and the James Beard Foundation. The 6-day event appropriately kicks off on “Women’s Equality Day,” Wednesday, August 26 and runs through August 31.
“The idea came out of a Let’s Talk group zoom call with women chefs involved in the James Beard Foundation,” said Chef Sarah Stegner of Prairie Grass Cafe, a two-time James Beard Award winner. “It was smart to band together to face the COVID19 challenges, learn from each other and encourage customers to support our women-owned restaurants,” she said.
Women’s Restaurant Week is led by the Chicago JBF “Let’s Talk” Forum to which seventeen Chicago area women restaurateurs belong. Their purpose is to support each other and survive this crisis together.
Women’s Restaurant Week is open to all women-owned restaurants, bakers, and food-related and beverage businesses. Each business will offer a special dine-in meal, product for sale, delivery, or pick up offer to showcase their business to Chicagoland.
Partial list of Women’s Restaurant Week Participants:
- Mary Aregoni (Saigon Sisters)
- Deann Bayless (Frontera Group)
- Dana Cree (Pretty Cool Ice Cream)
- Danielle Dang (HaSous)
- Diana Davila (Mi Tocaya)
- Rohini Dey (Vermilion), JBF trustee and Let’s Talk founder
- Sophie Evanoff (Vanille Patisserie)
- Theresa Ging (Sugar Bliss Cakes)
- Mindy Gohr (Bittersweet)
- Sandra Holl (Floriole)
- Beverly Kim (Parachute, Wherewithall)
- Amy & Clodagh Lawless (The Dearborn)
- Kristen Barnhisel & Cynthia Lohr (J. Lohr Vineyards and Wines)
- Julia Momose (Kumiko)
- Carrie Nahabedian (Brindille)
- Laurence Noguier (Bistronomic)
- Agnes Rapacz (TeaGschwendner)
- Tigist Reda (Demera Chicago)
- Julia Shell & Sarah Syman (The Dandy Crown)
- Sarah Stegner (Prairie Grass Cafe)
Visit the Women’s Restaurant Week Website for a full list of restaurants, updates, and offers.
More from my site