Event: 2018 Chicago Auto Show
When: February 9th – February 19th 2018
Where: McCormick Place
Address: 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive
Did you get a chance to check out the 2018 Chicago Auto Show this weekend? If you did, how much fun was that?!? If you didn’t well keep reading cause I’m going to tell you why you need to head on over there now!
I went to several media previews before the Auto Show began and had a blast at the First Look For Charity Gala. This is definitely an event you want to look into for next year! On one of the snowiest days of the year, 10,000 attendees made their way to McCormick place for the Gala.
How cool is it to get dressed up and experience the auto show a day before it officially opens to the public? There’s complementary gourmet food, beverages, entertainment, and car giveaways. Not to mention this is the largest one day fundraiser. Over $2.8 million dollars was raised and the proceeds benefit 18 local non-profit charities. You can even select which charities you want your contributions to go to.
“There’s nothing like the First Look For Charity black-tie gala at the Chicago Auto Show.” said John Hennessy, Chairman of the 2018 Chicago Auto Show. “In addition to putting on the greatest consumer auto show, our manufacturer and dealership partners remain committed, year after year, to giving back to the Chicago community. That’s what this night is all about.”
First Look For Charity has raised more than $50MM since it’s inception. You can have fun while giving back to several good causes. This is definitely an event I do every year and have an amazing time.
The 2018 Chicago Auto Show officially opened to the public on Saturday, February 10th and goes through February 19th. The auto show spans one million sq. ft. and there’s nearly 1,000 of the latest vehicles to browse through. You will want to constantly check the site for updates (www.chicagoautoshow.com) and several special events that will be held.
My highlights of the auto show are not only the cars, but the interactive displays and activities. Check out my top 5 highlights below and keep on scrolling because I’m going to tell you how to get active on social media and win prizes at the auto show. Hope you have an amazing time and make sure to follow along @Chiataglance on social media for 2018 Chicago Auto Show Coverage. Have fun and drive safe!
Tavi J. Top 5 Highlights at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show
Highlight: Interactive Displays
The Ford GT Le mans Race Simulator was definitely a crowd favorite. It lets you experience the thrill and action of world-class racing. You can test your driving skills while experiencing a challenging virtual reality course.
Hank The Ford Robot is always a crowd favorite, especially with the kids. Hank was named after the founding father of Ford, Henry Hank. He’s made an appearance at numerous auto shows and offers the audience comedic relief and entertainment.
Highlight: Test Driving the cars
There are 3 indoor test tracks at the Chicago Auto Show. New this year is the Kia indoor test track featuring the Kia Sorento and Sportage. Jeep also has a test track where you can get in to an all new Wrangler and have the driver take you through their exhilarating obstacle course. The third indoor test track features the all new Toyota Camry.
Highlight: Concept Cars
Concept Cars first appeared at the Auto Shows in 1938. A concept car is a prototype made to showcase an idea, test a new styling direction, or highlight advanced technologies. Before the Auto Show opened to the public I was invited as an influencer to check out the Concept & Technology Garage. What a cool experience! Click here to see the cars I got to test drive and what concept cars you have to look forward to at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show.
Highlight: Production and Debut Vehicles
Make sure to check out all the vehicles you can purchase now and those debuting for the first time at the 2018 Chicago Auto show! I definitely had a few favorites. 🙂
Highlight: Get social on social media to win prizes
- Show organizers have teamed up with brand-new BUZZHUB sponsor, Cars.com, to encourage attendees to feature their Best of #CAS18 moments using the show’s official hashtag – #CAS18 – for the chance to win prizes all show long. Trending themes will be displayed on a 21-ft. social media wall located in the BUZZHUB near the Grand Concourse.
- The official Chicago Auto Show mobile app, available for Apple or Android smartphones, is the virtual tour guide to the nation’s largest auto show. Street team #CAS18 Social Squad members will be checking with show-goers to see if they have the app on their phone; if they do, they will win instant show swag and apparel.
- New premier partner Wintrust will team up with the show on a Super Car Social Challenge. Fans can share a picture of their favorite “super car” or concept car on the show floor with #WintrustSuperCar for the chance to win exclusive access into the show’s popular Super Car Gallery, which features rare, exotic vehicles.
- Speaking of fast cars, #XFINITYFast will also host a social media challenge where fans are encouraged to share a picture of their dream car for the chance to win prizes.
- Show organizers will continue to engage the Millennial demographic via Snapchat. Beyond featuring exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fans will be encouraged to:
- Add the Chicago Auto Show on Snapchat
- Snap a pic or video from the show floor
- Send the Chicago Auto Show snaps via direct message
- Submissions could be featured in the show’s daily story
- Show-goers who spot Chicago Auto Show #CAS18 Social Squad team members on the show floor, take their picture in an enlarged Instagram frame and post to social media with #CAS18, will also be entered to win prizes such as gas gift cards.
- Attendees can connect with the Chicago Auto Show’s vibrant communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube for a virtual backstage pass to learn about the hottest cars, special events and contests.
For all your Gala dress needs make sure to check out The Frock Shop!
All photos (unless otherwise stated) were taken by Tavi J. of the Chicago Lifestyle Blog Chi@Glance.
More from my site