Start your engines!!! It’s time for the 2018 Chicago Auto Show. It officially opens to the public on Saturday, February 10th. Chi@Glance was chosen to be a Chicago Auto Show Influencer and previewed different aspects of the show a few days before opening.
One of my favorite parts of the show has always been the Concept and Technology cars. Manufactures take consumers wants and needs into consideration when developing concept models. Concept cars first appeared at auto shows in 1938. On Wednesday, February 7th we were invited to view the Concept and Technology Garage. This preview gave automotive media an awesome opportunity to check out the latest concept cars, safety technologies, and automotive telematics.
“A natural outgrowth of our traditional concept car drive, the Concept & Technology Garage will give local and national media an opportunity to dig deeper into today’s automotive tech,” Said Dave Sloan, Chicago Auto Show general manager. “It’s easy to report on fuel economy improvements or new safety features, but to actually understand how manufactures implement new systems, that takes time. This event will give journalists the opportunity to really get a handle on all this new technology.”
The media Concept & Technology garage was sponsored by the Steel Market Development Institute. The event was held in a climate controlled exhibit hall and we were able to view, take pictures, and test drive the cars!!! I must say the Ford GT Mustang took me back to my childhood. I remember wanting to get a Ford Mustang when I was in High School. The Ford Mustang and the Chevy Camaro were my dream cars growing up. Check out a few of my favorite Concept cars below.
From Star Wars, to Black Panther, to cruising around in a Navigator….we sure did learn a lot and it was a really good time! Keep scrolling because I’m going to give you some tips for the 2018 Chicago Auto Show!
Click HERE to see the Concept Cars to be on the lookout for at the 2018 Chicago Auto Show! Also make sure to get social to win cool prizes.
- Show organizers have teamed up with brand-new BUZZHUB sponsor, Cars.com, to encourage attendees to feature their Best of #CAS18 moments using the show’s official hashtag – #CAS18 – for the chance to win prizes all show long. Trending themes will be displayed on a 21-ft. social media wall located in the BUZZHUB near the Grand Concourse.
- The official Chicago Auto Show mobile app, available for Apple or Android smartphones, is the virtual tour guide to the nation’s largest auto show. Street team #CAS18 Social Squad members will be checking with show-goers to see if they have the app on their phone; if they do, they will win instant show swag and apparel.
- New premier partner Wintrust will team up with the show on a Super Car Social Challenge. Fans can share a picture of their favorite “super car” or concept car on the show floor with #WintrustSuperCar for the chance to win exclusive access into the show’s popular Super Car Gallery, which features rare, exotic vehicles.
- Speaking of fast cars, #XFINITYFast will also host a social media challenge where fans are encouraged to share a picture of their dream car for the chance to win prizes.
- Show organizers will continue to engage the Millennial demographic via Snapchat. Beyond featuring exclusive behind-the-scenes content, fans will be encouraged to:
- Add the Chicago Auto Show on Snapchat
- Snap a pic or video from the show floor
- Send the Chicago Auto Show snaps via direct message
- Submissions could be featured in the show’s daily story
- Show-goers who spot Chicago Auto Show #CAS18 Social Squad team members on the show floor, take their picture in an enlarged Instagram frame and post to social media with #CAS18, will also be entered to win prizes such as gas gift cards.
- Attendees can connect with the Chicago Auto Show’s vibrant communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube for a virtual backstage pass to learn about the hottest cars, special events and contests.
2018 Chicago Auto Show
February 10th – February 19th
All Pictures in this article were taken by Tavi J. of the Chicago Lifestyle Blog Chi@glance. Follow @Chiataglance on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snap Chat for behind the scenes 2018 Chicago Auto Show coverage.
More from my site